- IPA: /ʌnˈjuːʒuəl/, /ʌnˈjuːʒəl/
- Not usual, out of the ordinary
- Every once in a while, though, Idol comes across an unusual talent who just blows everyone away.
- It’s definitely not unusual for a couple to meet through friends or be set up on a date.
- His behavior was unusual in that it was considered childish for a man of his age.
- I’ve had no problem with female docs. I’ve had some – how should I say it – unusual experiences with a couple of male ones. And I have heard from girlfriends about their unusual experiences as well.
- Synonyms: uncommon, rare, extraordinary, remarkable, Thesaurus:strange
- Antonyms: normal, usual, common, ordinary
- French: inhabituel, insolite, inusuel
- German: ungewöhnlich
- Italian: insolito, particolare, inusuale
- Portuguese: inesperado, inusual
- Russian: необы́чный
- Spanish: inusual, inusitado, desusado
unusual (plural unusuals)
- Something that is unusual; an anomaly.
- I should say that it was very unusual for such men to leave a bottle half empty. How do all these unusuals strike you, Watson?
- 1939, Pauline Redmond, Wilfrid Redmond, Business paper writing, a career (page 154)
- Two of these unusuals have been selected for special effort throughout the season. They are kneeling pads and water-proof garden gloves. During the bulb planting season they are displayed with the bulbs […]