- Showing variety, diverse.
- Showing deviation or disagreement.
- (obsolete) Variable.
- (programming) Covariant and/or contravariant.
- Spanish: variante (law)
variant (plural variants)
- Something that is slightly different from a type or norm.
- All breeds of dog are variants of the species “Canis lupus familiaris”.
- The word "kerosine" is a variant of “kerosene”.
- (genetics) A different sequence of a gene (locus).
- (computing) A variable that can hold any of various unrelated data types.
- (linguistics, lexicography) One of a set of words or other linguistic forms that conveys the same meaning or serves the same function.
- French: variante
- German: Variante
- Italian: variante
- Portuguese: variante
- Russian: вариа́нт
- Spanish: variante