- The quality of being varied; diversity.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- Antonyms: sameness
- A specific variation of something.
- A number of different things.
- Synonyms: array, assortment
- A state of constant change.
- (taxonomy) A rank in a taxonomic classification, below species and subspecies.
- (cybernetics) The total number of distinct states of a system.
- (cybernetics) Logarithm of the base 2 of the total number of distinct states of a system.
- (linguistics) A term used for a specific form of a language, neutral to whether that form is a dialect, accent, register, etc. and to its prestige level.
- (algebra, esp. universal algebra) The class of all algebraic structures of a given signature satisfying a given set of identities.
- The kind of theatrical entertainment given in variety shows.
- The production of, or performance in, variety shows.
- (quality of being varied) See also Thesaurus:nonuniformity
- (algebra) equational variety
- Russian: разнообра́зие
- French: variété
- German: Varietät, Sprachvarietät, Sprachform
- Italian: varietà
- Portuguese: variedade
- Russian: идиом
- Spanish: variedad