vector space (plural vector spaces)
- (algebra, geometry, mathematics, topology) A set of elements called vectors, together with some field and operations called addition (mapping two vectors to a vector) and scalar multiplication (mapping a vector and an element in the field to a vector), satisfying a list of constraints.
- A vector space is a set of vectors which can be linearly combined.
- Each vector space has a basis and dimension.
- linear space
- French: espace vectoriel
- German: Vektorraum
- Italian: spazio vettoriale
- Portuguese: espaço vetorial
- Russian: ве́кторное простра́нство
- Spanish: espacio vectorial