- The meat of a deer.
- After shooting a deer, field dressing is the next step necessary for high quality venison.
- (South Africa) The meat of an antelope.
- 2007, Gregory Simon Bull, Marketing fresh venison in the Eastern Cape Province using a niche marketing strategy (thesis), page xcix
- (obsolete) The meat of any wild animal that has been hunted rather than raised domestically.
- French: viande de biche, venaison
- German: Rehfleisch; (red deer) Wildbret, Wildfleisch
- Italian: carne di cervo, cacciagione
- Portuguese: carne de cervo
- Russian: олени́на
- Spanish: carne de venado, carne de ciervo, carne de ciervo venado