- IPA: /ˈvɛnjuː/
venue (plural venues)
- A theater, auditorium, arena, or other area designated for sporting or entertainment events.
- (legal) A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid, or the district from which a jury comes.
- The twelve men who are to try the cause must be of the same venue where the demand is made.
- (obsolete) A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- (sports) Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
- lay a venue
- French: lieu, salle
- German: Schauplatz, Örtlichkeit, Stätte, Austragungsort (sports event)
- Italian: scena, luogo, auditorium
- Portuguese: sala de eventos, salão de eventos
- Russian: ме́сто встре́чи
- Spanish: sala, lugar