- Standing, pointing, or moving straight up or down; along the direction of a plumb line; perpendicular to something horizontal.
- In a two-dimensional Cartesian co-ordinate system, describing the axis y oriented normal (perpendicular, at right angles) to the horizontal axis x.
- In a three-dimensional co-ordinate system, describing the axis z oriented normal (perpendicular, orthogonal) to the basic plane xy.
- (marketing) Of or pertaining to vertical markets.
- (wine tasting) Involving different vintages of the same wine type from the same winery.
- French: vertical
- German: vertikal, senkrecht
- Italian: verticale
- Portuguese: vertical
- Russian: вертика́льный
- Spanish: vertical
vertical (plural verticals)
- A vertex or zenith.
- A vertical geometrical figure; a perpendicular.
- An individual slat in a set of vertical blinds.
- A vertical component of a structure.
- (marketing) A vertical market.
- We offer specialised accounting software targeting various verticals.