vice president (abbreviation VP)
- A deputy to a president, often empowered to assume the position of president on his death or absence.
- An executive in a business in charge of a department or branch.
- (abbreviation) VP
- (senior administrator at a college or university) provost (US)
- (informal, jocular) veep
- French: vice-président
- German: Vizepräsident
- Italian: vicepresidente, vicepresidentessa
- Portuguese: vice-presidente
- Russian: ви́це-президе́нт
- Spanish: vicepresidente, vicepresidenta
- (US) The holder of the secondary office to the President of the United States, who is first in line of succession to the President, and also acts as presiding officer of the United States Senate.