vulture (plural vultures)
- Any of several carrion-eating birds of the families Accipitridae and Cathartidae.
- (figurative, colloquial) A person who profits from the suffering of others.
- Within ten minutes of the accident, the vultures appeared and were organizing lawsuits.
- Synonyms: ambulance chaser, vampire
- French: vautour
- German: Geier, Geierin
- Italian: avvoltoio, grifone (griffon vulture)
- Portuguese: abutre, urubu
- Russian: гриф
- Spanish: buitre, zopilote
vulture (vultures, present participle vulturing; past vultured, past participle vultured)
- (figurative, colloquial) To circle around one's target as if one were a vulture.
- Rudy vultured when asking the girl out.