wearing (plural wearings)
- The mechanical process of eroding or grinding.
- The act by which something is worn.
- formal crown-wearings
- That which is worn; clothes; garments.
- c. 1603–1604, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of Othello, the Moore of Venice”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act IV, scene iii]:
- Give me my nightly wearing and adieu.
- present participle of wear#English|wear