- IPA: /ˈhoʊlseɪl/
- (business) The sale of products, often in large quantities, to retailers or other merchants.
- Synonyms: bulk supply
- French: vente en gros
- German: Großhandel
- Portuguese: atacado
- Russian: оптовая торговля
- Spanish: venta al por mayor, mayoreo
- Of or relating to sale in large quantities, for resale.
- (figurative) Extensive, indiscriminate, all-encompassing; blanket.
- The bombing resulted in wholesale destruction.
- French: en gros
- Russian: о́птом
wholesale (wholesales, present participle wholesaling; past and past participle wholesaled)
- To sell at wholesale.