wig (plural wigs)
- A head of real or synthetic hair worn on the head to disguise baldness, for cultural or religious reasons, for fashion, or by actors to help them better resemble the character they are portraying.
- (dated, among fishermen) An old seal.
wig (wigs, present participle wigging; past and past participle wigged)
- To put on a wig; to provide with a wig (especially of an actor etc.).
- (colloquial) To upbraid, reprimand.
- (colloquial, slang) To become extremely emotional or excitable; to lose control of one's emotions.
wig (not comparable)Synonyms
- wing-in-ground-effect, wing in ground-effect, wing-in-ground effect, wing in surface effect
- WISE, wing-in-surface-effect, wing in surface-effect, wing-in-surface effect, wing in surface effect