windshield (plural windshields)
- (North America) A transparent screen made of glass, located at the front and back of a vehicle in front of its occupants to protect them from the wind and weather.
- The freezing rain covered our windshield with ice and we couldn't see a thing.
- A cover for a microphone to exclude airy noises such as wind and breathing.
- (UK, Australian English) windscreen
- French: pare-brise, parebrise
- German: Windschutzscheibe
- Italian: parabrezza
- Portuguese: para-brisa, para-brisas
- Russian: ветрово́е стекло́
- Spanish: parabrisas
- French: bonnette anti-vent
- German: Windschutz, Mikrofon-Windschutz
- Portuguese: pára-brisas
- Spanish: cortavientos
windshield (windshields, present participle windshielding; past and past participle windshielded)
- (transitive) To install a windshield on.