- Receiving from someone's care what one has earlier entrusted to them. Usually refers to money.
- A method of birth control which consists of removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculation.
- A type of metabolic shock the body undergoes when a substance, usually a toxin such as heroin, to which a patient is dependent is withheld. Sometimes used with the substance as modifier.
- heroin withdrawal
- nicotine withdrawal
- caffeine withdrawal
- An act of withdrawing.
- (receiving from someone's care) deposit
- French: retrait, coït interrompu
- Portuguese: coito interrompido
- Spanish: coitus interruptus, marcha atrás
- French: sevrage (process), manque (status)
- German: Entzug
- Italian: astinenza
- Portuguese: síndrome de abstinência
- Russian: ломка
- Spanish: síndrome de abstinencia