- IPA: /ˈɹɛs.l̩.ɪŋ/, /ˈɹɛs.lɪŋ/
- present participle of wrestle#English|wrestle
- A sport where two opponents attempt to subdue each other in bare-handed grappling using techniques of leverage, holding, and pressure points.
- A professional tumbling act that emulates the sport of wrestling. Also called "professional wrestling". It is distinguished from sport wrestling — which has strict internationally recognized rules and is conducted on a mat — by being scripted, rehearsed, conducted in a boxing ring rather than on a mat, and televised as entertainment.
- (countable) The act of one who wrestles; a struggle to achieve something.
- I'd count not wearisome / Long toil, nor enterprise, / But strain to reach it; aye, with wrestlings stout / And hopes that even in the dark will grow […]
- French: lutte
- German: Ringkampf, Ringen
- Italian: lotta libera, lotta
- Portuguese: luta
- Russian: борьба́
- Spanish: lucha libre
- French: catch
- Spanish: lucha libre, pressing catch