- IPA: /ˈɹɪŋkl̩d/
- (of a surface) Uneven, with many furrows and prominent points, often in reference to the skin or hide of animals.
- Synonyms: bewrinkled, rugose, wrinkly, Thesaurus:wrinkled
- Antonyms: unwrinkled
- As the ocean receded from the beach it left the sand appearing wrinkled.
- 1891, Oscar Wilde, chapter XX, in The Picture of Dorian Gray, London; New York, N.Y.; Melbourne, Vic.: Ward Lock & Co., OCLC 34363729 ↗, page 334 ↗:
- Lying on the floor was a dead man, in evening dress, with a knife in his heart. He was withered, wrinkled, and loathsome of visage. It was not till they had examined the rings that they recognized who it was.
- French: ridé
- German: faltig
- Italian: avvizzito, raggrinzito, corrugato, grinzoso
- Portuguese: enrugado, rugoso
- Russian: смо́рщенный
- Spanish: arrugado
- Simple past tense and past participle of wrinkle