East China Sea
- A marginal sea east of China, south of the Korean Peninsula, west of the Ryukyu Islands, and north of Taiwan.
- The East China Sea (ECS) is located south of the YS to the north of Taiwan (Figure 1). The ECS is usually defined as reaching from the northern end of Taiwan Strait to the southern end of Kyusyu where it adjoins the YS along a line from Kyusyu to Shanghai (the mouth of the Yangtze River).
- French: mer de Chine orientale
- German: Ostchinesisches Meer
- Italian: Mar Cinese Orientale
- Portuguese: Mar da China Oriental
- Russian: Восто́чно-Кита́йское мо́ре
- Spanish: mar de China Oriental