- IPA: /ˈkændəlˌstɪk/, /ˈkændl̩ˌstɪk/
candlestick (plural candlesticks)
- A holder with a socket or spike for a candle.
- A gymnastics move in which the legs are pointed vertically upward.
- (investing) A color-coded bar showing the open and closing price of a stock on a Japanese candlestick chart.
- French: chandelier
- German: Kerzenhalter
- Italian: candelabro
- Portuguese: castiçal
- Russian: канделя́бр
- Spanish: candelero, candelabro
candlestick (candlesticks, present participle candlesticking; past and past participle candlesticked)
- (of a parachute) To catch on fire, so that the chute resembles a tapered candle with a flame on top.
- (investing) To analyze stock behavior using Japanese candlestick charts.
- To adorn with candlesticks.
- To form a tall, thin, tapering shape similar to a candle.