- IPA: /ˈdɛmənstɹeɪt/
demonstrate (demonstrates, present participle demonstrating; past and past participle demonstrated)
- (transitive) to show how to use (something).
- Can you demonstrate the new tools for us?
- 1987, February 8, Richard Zachs, "Candy is dandy (though maybe not liquor) - so for this Valentine's Day, video may be a whole lot more fun", The New York Daily News
- In this tape, a velvet-voiced narrator provides a stroke-by-stroke guide to massaging your partner. As she speaks, comely nude couples demonstrate.
- to show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation.
- (intransitive) to participate in or organize a demonstration.
- Those people outside are demonstrating against the election results.
- (transitive) to show, display, or present; to prove or make evident