embiggen (embiggens, present participle embiggening; past and past participle embiggened)
- (nonstandard, now jocular, transitive) To enlarge; to make bigger.
- Synonyms: swell, aggrandize, bigger, enlarge
- Antonyms: ensmallen, debigulate, shrink, diminish, belittle
- (nonstandard, jocular, intransitive) To enlarge or grow; to become bigger.
- [p 26] While in both cases for P anti-D3-branes the probe approximation is clearly not good, in the set up of this paper we could argue that there is a competing effect which can overcome the desire of the anti-D3s to embiggen, namely their attraction towards the wrapped D5s.
- Synonyms: swell, grow
- Antonyms: shrink, contract, diminish