free kick (plural free kicks)
- (American football, association football, Australian rules football, rugby, other ballgames) a kick in which a player may kick the ball without interference from the opposition. Such a kick may be awarded for a foul by the opposition, or earned by a player such as by taking a mark.
- (Gaelic football) The usual means of restarting play after a foul is committed, where the non-offending team restarts from where the foul was committed.
- French: coup franc
- German: Freistoß
- Italian: calcio di punizione
- Portuguese: tiro livre, cobrança, cobrança de falta
- Russian: свобо́дный уда́р