joust (plural jousts)
- A tilting match: a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances in the lists or enclosed field.
- French: joute équestre
- German: Tjost, Lanzenstechen, Lanzenzweikampf
- Italian: giostra
- Portuguese: justa
- Russian: (ры́царский) турни́р
- Spanish: justa
joust (jousts, present participle jousting; past and past participle jousted)
- To engage in mock combat on horseback, as two knights in the lists; to tilt.
- To engage in verbal sparring over an important issue. (used of two people, both of whom participate more or less equally)
- (slang) To touch penises while engaging in a sex act, especially oral sex.