periodical (plural periodicals)
- A publication issued regularly, but less frequently than daily.
- A regularly issued thematic publication that contains the most current information in its field, often the primary means for communication of original scholarship or creative work at the cutting edge of research in its field.
- (a publication that appears at fixed intervals) serial
- French: périodique
- German: Periodikum
- Italian: periodico, pubblicazione
- Portuguese: periódico, publicação periódica
- Russian: (периоди́ческий) журна́л
- Synonyms: cyclic, Thesaurus:periodic
- The periodical times of all the satellites.
- Published at regular intervals of more than one day, especially weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- To influence opinion through the periodical press.
- Of, or relating to such a publication.