- (mathematics) Pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added.
- (mathematics, of a function, etc.) That is distributive#English|distributive over addition.
- Matrix multiplication is additive, in that M\vec v+M\vec w=M(\vec v+\vec w).
- (group theory, of a group, semigroup, etc.) Whose operator is identified as addition.
- It is natural to look at a finite cyclic group as an additive group.
- (chemistry) Pertaining to chemical addition.
- (genetics) Of or pertaining to genes (or the interaction etc. of such genes) which govern the same trait and whose effects work together on the phenotype.
- Russian: аддити́вный
additive (plural additives)
- A substance added to another substance or product to produce specific properties in the combined substance.
- Oil may be used as an additive in gasoline to improve the lubrication of a small engine.
- (grammar) A word or phrase that adds something, such as also, even, or nor.
- French: additif
- German: Zusatzstoff, Zusatz, Additiv
- Italian: additivo
- Portuguese: aditivo
- Russian: присадка
- Spanish: aditivo