- (British) IPA: /ˈæl.kə.hɒl/
- (America) IPA: /ˈæl.kə.hɔl/, /ˈæl.kə.hɑl/
- (America, nonstandard) IPA: /ˈɑl.kə.hɔl/, /ˈɑl.kə.hɑl/
- (organic compound, countable) Any of a class of organic compounds (such as ethanol) containing a hydroxyl functional group (-OH).
- (colloquial) Ethanol.
- (uncountable) Beverages containing ethanol, collectively.
- (obsolete) Any very fine powder.
- See also Thesaurus:alcoholic beverage
- French: alcool, boisson alcoolisée, boisson alcoolique
- German: Alkohol, Weingeist (old), Branntwein (juristic)
- Italian: alcol
- Portuguese: álcool
- Russian: алкого́ль
- Spanish: alcohol