- IPA: /ˈæstəɹɪsk/, /ˈæstɹɪsk/
asterisk (plural asterisks)
- The symbol *.
- Something in the shape of or resembling the asterisk symbol.
- (sports, US) A blemish in an otherwise outstanding achievement.
- They came into the tournament highly ranked, but with a little bit of an asterisk as their last two wins had been unconvincing.
- French: astérisque
- German: Sternchen, Asterisk, Asteriskus
- Italian: asterisco
- Portuguese: asterisco
- Russian: звёздочка
- Spanish: asterisco
asterisk (asterisks, present participle asterisking; past and past participle asterisked)
- (transitive) To mark or replace with an asterisk symbol (*); star.