- IPA: /bæˈɡɛt/
baguette (plural baguettes)
- A narrow, relatively long rectangular shape.
- A gem cut in such a shape.
- A variety of bread that is long and narrow in shape.
- (architecture) A small molding, like the astragal, but smaller; a bead.
- (zoology) One of the minute bodies seen in the divided nucleoli of some Infusoria after conjugation.
- (ethnic slur, mildly offensive, slang) A French person, or a person of French descent.
- Synonyms: frog
- (bread) French bread (informal), French stick
- French: baguette
- German: Baguette
- Portuguese: baguete
- Russian: баге́т
- Spanish: baguete, baguette, barra de pan