closing (plural closings)
- The act by which something is closed.
- openings and closings of doors
- The end or conclusion of something.
- the closing of a popular play
- The final procedure in a house sale, when documents are signed and recorded.
- (math) In morphology, the erosion of the dilation of a set.
closing (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the finish or ending of a series of events; occurring at the end or after all others.
- I'd like to add some closing words.
- The closing scene of Miller's "Death of a Salesman" cannot but evoke a feeling of deep pathos.
- present participle of close#English|close