- Of or from or pertaining to the cosmos or universe.
- Characteristic of the cosmos or universe; inconceivably great; vast.
- cosmic speed
- 1874, John Tyndall, "Inaugural Address before the British Association", in Popular Science, October 1874, page 683 ↗
- The human understanding, for example—the faculty which Mr. Spencer has turned so skillfully round upon its own antecedents—is itself a result of the play between organism and environment through cosmic ranges of time.
- (astronomy, dated) Rising or setting with the sun; not acronycal.
- French: cosmique
- German: kosmisch
- Italian: cosmico
- Portuguese: cósmico
- Russian: косми́ческий
- Spanish: cósmico