cougar (plural cougars)
- A mountain lion; Puma concolor.
- Synonyms: catamount, catamountain, mountain lion, painter, panther, puma, red tiger
- hypo en
- (North America, slang) An older woman who actively seeks the casual, often sexual, companionship of younger men, by implication a female “sexual predator”.
- Hypernyms: cradle robber, cradle snatcher, manther
- cot en
- A cougar approached Warren at the Palomino Club and asked for a dance.
- 2011, Donna McDonald, Dating A Cougar, (ISBN 9781939988034):
- “Younger can be good. How much younger?” Regina asked, inspecting the appetizer plates for any lingering bites. “I don't know,” Alexa said frowning. “Why does that matter?” “Less than eight years makes you a Puma. Over eight years makes you a Cougar,” Regina said wisely, grinning as Lauren nodded excitedly in agreement.
- French: cougar, lion des montagnes, puma
- German: Puma, Berglöwe, Silberlöwe
- Italian: puma
- Portuguese: onça-parda, puma, suçuarana, leão-baio, leão-da-montanha
- Russian: кугуа́р
- Spanish: puma, león de montaña, león americano, león bayo, mitzli, onza bermeja