- IPA: /ˈduːfəs/
doofus (plural doofuses or doofi)
- (slang) A person with poor judgment and taste.
- Stocks Genius or Dot-Com Doofus? – Wired News
- Danny is such a doofus!
- 1998, Ann Rule, In the Name of Love, in In the Name of Love and Other True Cases: Ann Rule's Crime Files Volume 4, page 185 ↗,
- Nichols had called Bonilla a doofus who was too damn stupid to realize that he was being taken by a hooker with a convincing sob story.
- Even if Steve was a doofus, Nichols and Rand were quite willing to work for him as long as he had money.
- 2005 October 17, Kevin Amorin, Mewsday, quoted in 2007, Troth Wells, T-Shirt, page 14 ↗,
- Being too young to attend a show on Bowie's 1983 Serious Moonlight tour, I did what any underage doofus would do. I bought a concert T-shirt – three-quarter-length blue sleeves, image of Major Tom himself on the front.
- "That's doofi, Krakauer. Sorry to correct you."
- French: andouille