- Relating to the basic, essential or fundamental part of something.
- Relating to an elementary school.
- (physics) Relating to a subatomic particle.
- (archaic) Sublunary; not celestial; belonging to the sublunary sphere, to which the four classical elements (earth, air, fire and water) were confined; composed of or pertaining to these four elements.
- French: élémentaire
- German: elementar
- Italian: elementare
- Portuguese: elementar
- Russian: элемента́рный
- Spanish: elemental
elementary (plural elementaries)
- An elementary school
- (mythology, mysticism) A supernatural being which is associated with the elements.