- IPA: /ˌfʌndəˈmɛntəl/
fundamental (plural fundamentals)
- (usually, in the plural) A leading or primary principle, rule, law, or article, which serves as the groundwork of a system; an essential part
- one of the fundamentals of linear algebra
- (physics) The lowest frequency of a periodic waveform.
- (music) The lowest partial of a complex tone.
- Pertaining to the foundation or basis; serving for the foundation.
- Essential, as an element, principle, or law; important; original; elementary.
- a fundamental truth; a fundamental axiom
- A need for belonging seems fundamental to humans.
- French: fondamental
- German: grundlegend, fundamental, grundsätzlich
- Italian: fondamentale
- Portuguese: fundamental
- Russian: основно́й
- Spanish: fundamental