- (intransitive, idiomatic, often followed by with) To interact or coexist well, without argument or trouble.
- I wish the kids would get along better.
- She never did get along with her brother.
- (idiomatic) To survive; to do well enough.
- She didn’t have a lot of money, but she had enough to get along.
- French: s'entendre
- German: sich verstehen, sich vertragen
- Portuguese: dar-se bem (com), dar-se, entender-se
- Russian: ла́дить
- Spanish: llevar, avenirse
- French: se débrouiller
- German: zurechtkommen, klarkommen, zurechtfinden
- Portuguese: sobreviver
- Russian: справля́ться
- Spanish: ir tirando (colloquial), arreglárselas, componérselas, apañarse, valérselas