heartbeat (plural heartbeats)
- One pulsation of the heart; especially an irregular one, hence the emotion which causes it.
- The policeman waited for a heartbeat in vain
- He alone gives me such heartbeats
- The rhythm at which a heart pulsates, a cardiac indicator
- If your heartbeat doesn't normalize soon, consult a doctor!
- A driving impulse or vital force.
- Music is the heartbeat of the people.
- A very short space of time; an instant.
- The ambulance arrived in a heartbeat.
- (computing) A periodic signal generated by hardware or software to indicate normal operation or to synchronize other parts of a system.
- (rhythm at which a heart pulsates) pulse
- French: pulsation, battement
- German: Herzschlag
- Italian: battito
- Portuguese: batida de coração
- Russian: бие́ние се́рдца
- Spanish: latido del corazón, latido
- French: rythme cardiaque
- Italian: battito cardiaco, battito del cuore, battito del polso, pulsazione
- Russian: сердцебие́ние
- Spanish: ritmo cardiaco
- Spanish: inspiración