ordinarily (not comparable)
- (obsolete) In accordance with normal custom or routine; as a matter of established occurrence.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, chapter 19, in John Florio, transl., The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821 ↗:
- It is ordinarily seene how good intentions, being managed without moderation, thrust men into most vicious effects.
- Usually or as a general rule; commonly.
- Ordinarily I go to the match on a Saturday.
- In the usual manner; unexceptionally.
- The man was ordinarily dressed.
- (accordance with normal custom) conventionally, customarily, traditionally
- (usually or as a general rule) commonly, most of the time; see also Thesaurus:usually
- (in the usual manner) ordinarily, routinely; see also Thesaurus:normally
- Portuguese: ordinariamente