polysemous (not comparable)
- (linguistics) Having multiple meanings or interpretations.
- Synonyms: polysemantic, polysemic
- Antonyms: monosemous, univocal
- 2000, Yael Ravin, Claudia Leacock, Polysemy: Theoretical and Computational Approaches, OUP Oxford (ISBN 9780191584695), page 52:
- But just how are the meanings associated with a polysemous word related? A look at the entries for polysemous words in different dictionaries shows that lexicographers cannot agree on how to divide up the semantic space […]
- French: polysémique
- Portuguese: polissémico (Portugal), polissêmico (Brazil)