sector (plural sectors)
- zone (designated area).
- (geometry) part of a circle, extending to the center
- (computing) fixed-sized unit (traditionally 512 bytes) of sequential data stored on a track of a digital medium (compare to block)
- (military) an area designated by boundaries within which a unit operates, and for which it is responsible
- (military) one of the subdivisions of a coastal frontier
- (science fiction) a fictional region of space designated for navigational or governance purposes.
- (calculation) an instrument consisting of two rulers of equal length joined by a hinge.
- a field of economic activity
- public sector; private sector
- (engineering) A toothed gear whose face is the arc of a circle.
- (motor racing) A fixed, continuous section of the track, such that sectors do not overlap but all sectors make up the whole track.
- Russian: се́ктор
- Italian: settore