the one (plural the ones)
- (colloquial) A particularly special or compatible person or thing.
- I knew as soon I met him that John was the one for me and we were married within a month.
- That car's the one — I'll buy it.
- 1995, Bryan Adams, Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
- When you love a woman then tell her
- that she's really wanted
- When you love a woman then tell her that she's the one
- 'cause she needs somebody to tell her
- that it's gonna last forever
- (colloquial) A particular person destined to save the universe or world, the chosen one.
- Jesus Christ is the One, the savior.
- He (Neo) is the One.
- They, like me, believe him (Anakin Skywalker) to be The One.
- French: l'élu, l'élue
- German: der auserwählte, die auserwählte
- Italian: quello scelto, quella scelta, il prescelto, la prescelta
- Portuguese: o escolhido, a escolhida
- Spanish: el elegido, la elegida
- The person or thing.
- Here is the one I want to buy.