carina (plural carinas)
- A longitudinal ridge or projection like the keel of a boat.
- (botany) Part of a papilionaceous flower consisting of two petals, commonly united, which encloses the organs of fructification.
- (zoology) The keel of the breastbone of birds.
- (anatomy) Any of several features that have a projecting central ridge
- (constellation) A summer constellation of the southern sky, said to resemble the keel of a ship. It contains the star Canopus, the second brightest star in the night sky. Until 1763, it was part of a larger constellation, Argo Navis.
- A female given name occasionally used in English.
- Portuguese: Carina