- (manner) Agreeably; correspondingly; suitably
- c. 1606–1607, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of Anthonie and Cleopatra”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act 3, scene 9]:
- We may the number of ships behold, and so proceed accordingly.
- (conjunctive) In natural sequence; consequently; so.
- French: en conséquence, conséquemment
- German: dementsprechend
- Italian: conseguentemente, di conseguenza
- Portuguese: correspondentemente, conformemente, acordadamente
- Russian: соотве́тственно
- Spanish: en consecuencia
- German: logischerweise
- Portuguese: consequentemente
- Russian: сле́довательно
- Spanish: por consiguiente, consecuentemente