- IPA: /ˌæmjuˈnɪʃən/
Articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc.
- (obsolete) Military stores, or provisions of all kinds for attack or defense.
- ammunition bread; ammunition shoes
- arguments and information that can be used against the other party in a conflict
- (articles used in charging firearms) ammo
- French: balle, munitions
- German: Munition
- Italian: munizioni
- Portuguese: munição
- Russian: боеприпас
- Spanish: munición
ammunition (ammunitions, present participle ammunitioning; past and past participle ammunitioned)
- To supply with ammunition.