- past participle of bear#English|bear; given birth to.
- (obsolete) past participle of bear#English|bear in other senses.
- In some monasteries the severity of the clausure is hard to be born.
born (not comparable)
- Having from birth (or as if from birth) a certain quality or character; innate; inherited.
- 1701 January (indicated as 1700), [Daniel Defoe], The True-Born Englishman. A Satyr, [London: s.n.], OCLC 606597370 ↗, part II, [https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=coo.31924013179399;view=1up;seq=78 page 61]:
- I'll make it out, deny it he that can, / His Worship is a True-born Engliſhman, / In all the Latitude that Empty Word / By Modern Acceptation's understood.
- French: né, née
- German: geboren
- Italian: nato
- Portuguese: nascido, nato, nado
- Russian: рождённый
- Spanish: nacido, nato
born (plural borns)Verb
born (borns, present participle bornin; past bornt, past participle bornt)