- IPA: /kəˈbuːs/
caboose (plural cabooses)
- (obsolete, nautical) A small galley or cookhouse on the deck of a small vessel.
- (historic, nautical) A small sand-filled container used as an oven on board ship.
- (US, rail transport) The last car on a freight train, having cooking and sleeping facilities for the crew; a guard’s van.
- (slang, baby-talk or euphemistic) buttocks
- (slang, sports) The person or team in last place.
- A youngest child who is born after a big gap in time.
- (last car on train) guard's van (obsolete)
- German: Kombüse
- Russian: ка́мбуз
- Russian: за́дний тормозно́й ваго́н
- Spanish: furgón de cola, vagón de cola
- Russian: аутса́йдер
- Spanish: colista