- IPA: /ˈtʃæləndʒɪŋ/, /ˈtʃælɪndʒɪŋ/
- present participle of challenge#English|challenge
- French: difficile, stimulant
- German: anspruchsvoll, herausfordernd
- Italian: impegnativo, difficoltoso
- Portuguese: desafiador
- Spanish: desafiante, desafiador
challenging (plural challengings)
- The act of making a challenge.
, Estcourt Rowland Metzner, The conflict of tax laws (page 151)
- There are always sincere challengings of the findings, always the objections (sincere in another sense) of those whose interests seem threatened.