- IPA: /ˈdɪfɪkəlt/
difficult (comparative difficulter, superlative difficultest)
- Hard, not easy, requiring much effort.
- However, the difficult weather conditions will ensure Yunnan has plenty of freshwater.
- There is not the strength or courage left me to venture into the wide, strange, and difficult world, alone.
- (often of a, person, or a horse, etc) Hard to manage, uncooperative, troublesome.
- Stop being difficult and eat your broccoli—you know it's good for you.
- (obsolete) Unable or unwilling.
- French: difficile
- German: schwer, schwierig
- Italian: difficile
- Portuguese: difícil
- Russian: тру́дный
- Spanish: difícil
difficult (difficults, present participle difficulting; past and past participle difficulted)