- Spacious and convenient; roomy and comfortable.
- Synonyms: convenient, comfortable, spacious
- Our house is much more commodious than our old apartment.
- 1854, Charles Dickens, “The One Thing Needful”, in Hard Times. For These Times, London: Bradbury & Evans, […], OCLC 4389957 ↗, book the first (Sowing), page 3 ↗:
- The emphasis was helped by the speaker's square wall of a forehead, which had his eyebrows for its base, while his eyes found commodious cellarage in two dark caves, overshadowed by the wall.
- Adapted to its use or purpose, or to wants and necessities; suitable.
- Synonyms: advantageous, fit, proper, serviceable, suitable, useful