- IPA: /kəntɪnjʊˈeɪʃ(ə)n/
- The act or state of continuing or being continued; uninterrupted extension or succession
- Synonyms: prolongation, propagation
- Antonyms: discontinuation, termination
- That which extends, increases, supplements, or carries on.
- the continuation of a story
- The series' continuation was commercially if not artistically successful.
- (computing) A representation of an execution state of a program at a certain point in time, which may be used at a later time to resume the execution of the program from that point.
- (basketball) A successful shot that, despite a foul, is made with a single continuous motion beginning before the foul, and that is therefore valid in certain forms of basketball.
- French: continuation
- German: Fortsetzung
- Italian: continuazione
- Portuguese: continuação, prosseguimento
- Russian: продолже́ние
- Spanish: continuación