- IPA: /ˈdɛltə/, [ˈdɛɫtə]
delta (plural deltas)
- The fourth letter of the modern Greek alphabet Δ, δ.
- A landform at the mouth of a river where it empties into a body of water.
- Nile Delta
- The letter D in the ICAO spelling alphabet, which assigns words to letters of the alphabet.
- (mathematics) The symbol Δ.
- (computing, informal) A small but noticeable effect. Compare epsilon.
- This will slow the main code path down, but only by delta.
- (computing) The set of differences between two versions of a file.
- When you update the file, the system will only save the deltas.
- (surveying) The angle subtended at the center of a circular arc.
- A type of cargo bike that has one wheel in front and two in back.
- (electrical, often, attributive) The closed figure produced by connecting three coils or circuits successively, end for end, especially in a three-phase system.
- delta winding; delta connection; delta current
- (finance) The rate of change in an option value with respect to the underlying asset's price.
- (chemistry) A value in delta notation indicating the relative abundances of isotopes.
- Italian: Domodossola
- Portuguese: dê
- Russian: де́льта
delta (deltas, present participle deltaing; past and past participle deltaed)
- IPA: /ˈdɛltə/
- A census-designated place/and/unincorporated community in Clay County, Alabama.
- A municipality in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- A municipality in British Columbia, Canada.
- A city/and/home rule municipality/county seat in Delta County, Colorado.
- A municipality in Greece.
- An unincorporated community in Saline County, Illinois.
- A city in Keokuk County, Iowa.
- An unincorporated community in Wayne County, Kentucky.
- A village in Madison Parish, Louisiana.
- A city in Cape Girardeau County, Missouri.
- An unincorporated community in Stokes County, North Carolina.
- A village in Fulton County, Ohio.
- A village in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in York County, Pennsylvania.
- A city in Millard County, Utah.
- A town/and/unincorporated community in Bayfield County, .
delta (plural deltas)
- Acronym of Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, an advanced qualification to teach English, higher than the CELTA, accredited by the University of Cambridge.