- IPA: /dɪsˈtɪŋɡwɪʃt/
- celebrated, well-known or eminent because of past achievements; prestigious
- The lecture was attended by many distinguished mathematicians.
- Having a dignified appearance or demeanor
- Her father was a distinguished gentleman, albeit a poor one.
- (mathematics) Specified, noted.
- Let X be a topological space with a distinguished point p.
- (celebrated) eminent, exceptional, remarkable; see also Thesaurus:famous or Thesaurus:notable
- (dignified appearance) grand, imposing
- French: distingué
- German: bedeutend, hervorragend
- Italian: emerito, distinto
- Portuguese: distinto
- Russian: ви́дный
- Spanish: distinguido
- Italian: distinto
- Russian: за́данный
- Simple past tense and past participle of distinguish